Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain's A Comin'

Default Rain's A Comin'

Looks like some weather will be hitting the coast this week. I was cursing my bad luck that it would hit just before New Years until the gf said, "Go for it". So, I am, leaving tomorrow to see if I can get the timing right........wonder if she's got another guy lined up for New Years Eve...

Cool New Years....

If you're going to be gone on New Years Eve, the GF has another guy lined up. What the heck!!! Go for it anyway.... You could end up living in NorCal (AKA: State of Jefferson) with Oregon Salmon (AKA: Galen).... Good luck with the fishing and your GF
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Bruce

if you actually were a steelheader and read the forcast you would already know the rivers from the Smith south will be chunkin mud by tommorrow. You would also know that flossing steelhead at the hatchery on the Mad is a ticketable offense.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...eather+Outlook

I would stay home and score some points with the girlfriend. You might even get lucky.LOL

Been reading forcasts for days, Shawn. Yours is more detailed that what I'd seen, but there's always the T as a fall-back. Oh, did I mention her mother was coming to visit on Jan. 2?

If DFG actually ticketed all the flossers on the Mad.. well... that would be the only CA agency rolling in cash! It is gross to drive up hatchery road and see the spectacle... I guess you gotta feed the family

Ya gotta feed the family, BUT...
    A few years ago I was fishing in a run about 80 yards below the line of gear guys in the Mad. I started hooking up and the gear guys started migrating in my direction. My buddy joined me and we were trying to hold part of the good water when one guy began casting between us, his line zinging past my ear. Other gear guys shook their heads at him, but when we asked him not to fish in the same water we were casting in, he replied, "I've gotta feed my family". My buddy muttered under his breath, "Why don't you get a job?" This was about 6 years ago, when the economy was better.

Yeah the gear heads are also an issue....

So are the realities of a population greater than Canada in a space less than the boarder area of Ontario!

That all said I agree these rivers are definitely crowded and it is an amazing sport. I might add that in three days on the Klamath I saw only I person fishing...Northward Ho???? It was a darn long drive from Sacramento....
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 12-28-2011 at 10:19 AM.

snagging hatchery fish is fine in my book... they were made to be eaten, doesn't matter how you catch em.
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

I agree that hatchery fish were made to be eaten and should be since it's been proven that they're less successful at reproducing than wild fish, and when they spawn with wild fish the number of offspring are fewer than two wild fish spawning. Genetic inferiority. DF&G begs fishermen to keep hatchery fish in the T. Don't think I agree with the snagging part, though Dustin. Lots of wild fish would be snagged in the process.

Dynamite werks gud 2