Thread: Bluebird Morning......

Default Bluebird Morning......

While doin' chores this mornin', I saw a bunch of "bathers" at the Bird Bath..I grabbed my camera and got a few shots...

A few more joined in..

Takin' a "big Gulp" while bathin'....

All nice and clean...

Had his bath and belly full of bugs..Kinda' looks ready for a Nap!

Well maybe not...This one wanted his turn in the sun...

Well back to work, gettin' gutters and drains cleaned out ..ready for the "big storm" this coming week!
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike McKenzie; 09-30-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Number 5 from the top is my favorite. Came out really nice bird does look like it's ready for a nap. Very nice all around, thanks for sharing.
    Benny

Fantastic work Mike! Western bluebirds are really pretty! A tad hot on the exposure but bright sunlight often deals that blow.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    A tad hot on the exposure but bright sunlight often deals that blow.
    Yep! a typical amateurish mistake on my part! I had the camera set up for some shots earlier in AM. When the Bluebird opportunity popped up I grabbed the camera and started shootin'.. If I had Photoshop I could fix stupid mistakes like that (more or less!) I was just glad they weren't all blown out!

Mike

Thumbs up Blue Birds Redux....

Love 'em!!! Please keep 'em comin'....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I always try to under expose by -1, you could always correct it in post. Whereas if it's over exposed there is not much you cab do even in pp.
    Benny

Been there and done that Mike. One of the downsides to having completely customizeable cameras.

My new camera (D7000) has a feature I havent used yet but really should utilize. On the mode dial are two settings called U1 and U2. They are two "memory" settings that I can set to specific perameters. turn the dial to one of these saved settings and Im all set for the shot! Wildlife in bright sunlight or portraits indoors would be some ideas for setting these up.

Just bought the "bible" for my camera and am getting excited about it all over again!

Mike

Nice shots sure beats the house sparrows in my birdbath
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh