Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carson River, of the Eastern Variety

We didn't quite make it to the fly shot that day, as we put in at Anderson. We caught a few that day on the Lower Sac, but I do make it the shop from time to time, so next time I will say hi to Cory. Regarding the Carson, we fished it pretty hard that day right up to dusk before heading back to Sac. We caught quite a few, but you gotta earn them there. Fun river.

By the time I ran into you guys again further down river it seemed you were beating us in the numbers game.
    It's definitely a really fun river to fish. Getting around is a bit of a pain, even for a young whipper snapper like me, I think you earn every fish you catch when you hike out of that place.

Where did you guys head to in the evening? We walked out around 4:00 and saw you had moved on.
    Giving up on catching fish, much better at catching the trees behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy (Dave) View Post
    I've fished the EC for years, but I've never flown in. Looks like a great way to do it. Perhaps you might talk your pilot friend into taking a longer jaunt to Idaho. There are some rural airstrips WAY out in the Selway and Frank Church wildernesses which put you right next to the river and some fantastic fishing for WS Cutts. Again, I'VE never done it, but I've seen some of the runways, and I know a guy that has made the trip several times.

Nice fish, BTW.

Cheers!

--Fly Guy Dave
    done it several times and it is WAY worth it. There is a whole book on the airstrips in that area. If you can talk your buddy into doing it, its a fantastic trip. PM me for info if you have questions....... there are many different strips and I have fished at about 10 of them, can tell you which to avoid and which to go give a try.