Thread: Unloading a bunch of rods and reels

Default Unloading a bunch of rods and reels

See more recent ad for additional gear and updated prices.
    Last edited by LNelson; 08-01-2011 at 06:00 AM.

I have that Diamondback 9x9, great rod and big B ass kicker from ME to NC, also one of the best looking graphite rods ever made...... at a great price!

Default Diamondback

pm sent, thanx

Heading to Montana on Sunday for a couple weeks. Could get a rod or reel shipped today or tomorrow prior to leaving. Open to reasonable offers.

Default Just a question

I have had this recurring question over the past few years, and finally decided to ask...Where do you acquire all the gear that you have been "unloading" over the years?

Thank You - Bob

I've bought several rods and reels from him over the last year or so...all great stuff. I think he's a guide and tackle dealer and that's why he has all this stuff. He often has some really nice gear at very nice prices. This Scott 4wt has been winking at me for a while now...
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    I have had this recurring question over the past few years, and finally decided to ask...Where do you acquire all the gear that you have been "unloading" over the years?

Thank You - Bob
    If he's anything like me, he buys stuff he maybe didn't need, then wants more stuff....it goes on and on. It might have been cheaper for me to take up gambling as a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Morrison View Post
    I've bought several rods and reels from him over the last year or so...all great stuff. I think he's a guide and tackle dealer and that's why he has all this stuff. He often has some really nice gear at very nice prices. This Scott 4wt has been winking at me for a while now...
    Thanks Rich. It has always been a pleasure. This 4wt is nice. I'd keep it, but I use my Steffen glass almost always when I fish a 4wt.

Woodman,

You are partially correct. I buy stuff at various venues on-line due to not having a flyshop within 65 miles of me, in short, I buy to try(although I wouldn't recommend that strategy). Some of the stuff I have up for sale are items that I decided that I would prefer something else, some I list for friends and other items I have for sale I would love to keep but due to economics and the likelihood that they will not get used much I need to move them. For example, there was a time when I was traveling to the Keys for two trips a year and fishing 15+days on the Cape for Stripers. That all has been reduced to about 5 days a year in the salt. Do I need 3 9wts and 3 8wts along with various big game reels anymore? No. One set up and a spare spool pretty much accommodates my needs at this point. In trout weights my attention has drifted to fiberglass and pack rods in recent years, thus many of my graphite 4-6wts are up for sale.

I sincerely appreciate Kienes having this classifieds available. I am amazed that even Bill will scan and comment on "good buys" in these classifieds when he is in the business of selling new gear. That is extremely generous of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    If he's anything like me, he buys stuff he maybe didn't need, then wants more stuff....it goes on and on. It might have been cheaper for me to take up gambling as a hobby.

Back from Montana and ready to unload some gear. PM me offers.