Thread: North Carolina

Default North Carolina

Around this same time last year, i had asked if anyone knew or had any info about the fishing in NC. I had not been able to go fishing since I joined the Army in '09. When I found out I was getting stationed at Bragg I was pretty excited to see what the east coast fishing would be like. I had heard a little bit about NC but had no clue where to start or what to expect.

Well sure enough, with my luck, I get to Bragg and start in-processing with my unit when someone says to me, "welcome to 525, i wouldn't get too comfortable, we're deploying in a couple weeks." DAMN! oh well, so much for that!

I am now about a month away from being back stateside, and I'll finally get to settle in and check out NC for a least another year and a half. So I ask again; does anyone have any information about the fishing in NC? Everyone i work with seems to know nothing about fishing at all. I have yet to even meet another fly fisherman since I've joined! Anyways, Ft. Bragg is located in Fayetteville, about an hour and a half or so away from Raleigh, and i think about 2 or 3 hours from Charlotte. Any info on fly shops, places I should look up, anything at all would be much appreciated. I look forward to finally being able to get back on the water. I'm really looking forward to finally coming home on leave in August and hit up the lower Sac. Sure do miss that place. thanks in advance!
    Mike

Dont know anything about NC but my family and I do want to thank you for your service.

Default This looks pretty good...

http://www.flyfishingnc.com/

Have fun and many, many thanks...

in a trailer down by the river, north carolina

Default nc fishing

lots of fishing to be had here in nc. i will hunt you some websites to check out. don't know of flyshops around fayetteville but i am sure there are flyfishers.