Thread: ISE Show @ Sacramento, January 20-23, 2011

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Jerry,.... Not sure anyone billed this show as a "....fly fishing show...." The vendors list has been available for some time and the lack of fly fishing activities has been discussed on this BB as well as others prior to the start of the show. I'm curious, why the disappointment Lots of other neat stuff to do/see. How about the dogs and meeting new and old friends there I've always enjoyed them....
    I agree..... these shows do provide the list of vendors, programs, and activites that allow the "buyer" understand what to expect for their $25 which I believe includes the price of parking?

Some go, some don't..... I'm sure that those who chose to go make the most of it and enjoy it, etc. My kids love to crawl all over those Rangers while I imagine owning them, etc.

All I know is that today was about as beautiful a day as we can have in the 916 area code for January...... I'm sure those that elected to go today (a lot of families) probably enjoyed themselves.... I'm not going to attend this year due to other committments.

There is no longer an ISE in the bay area so the Sacramento Show is carrying the "torch". IMO, without the show, hunters/fisherman sink further into the abyss of insignificance in CA.

As aside, those disappointed with the FF turnout..... This may come as a surprise to you, but (whisper ) the flyfishing industry is not that big....... I know, hard to believe.... And, if you desire to be part of something bigger..... buy an iPad.

In the meantime, the advances in flyfishing products (list prices too ) astounds me from just 10 years ago.....
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 01-23-2011 at 12:24 AM.