Immediately after the treatment in 1997, the lake was planted heavily...... I bet more fish were put into the lake post 1997 then post 2007. HOWEVER, post 1997, the lake was allowed to fill to capacity and if it wasn't, was sure close as many of the back bays were full of water right on into early November...... BTW, it's really pretty when the water is right up high on the shoreline with the trees in the background in Freemans, Fugawe, etc. And, you can actually launch at Lightening Tree!

Anyway, I surmise the number of fish planted per acre foot of water was probably less in 1997 even tho more fish were put in post 1997 vs. post 2007 when the pool was much smaller to assist in the treatment. And, there were a '****-load' of fish planted post 1997!

I think the explanation from DFG is pretty adequate and sensible. I've always said that if the 'powers that be' allow the lake to fill and stay filled for a few annual cycles, balance maybe restored quickly. If not, we've got an overcrowded "jail" situation without "AC" and "soap/water"..... Not a pretty picture.