DFG didn't plant the sunfish or catfish or anything besides trout. So far the catfish survived the rotenone and the sunfish, crawfish as well. The catfish were expected to survive the rotenone 07 and the sunfish survived the first rotenone treatment in 97. I believe CADFG expected the sunfish might also survive a second rotenone and they stated that the catfish would likely survive it. I saw a few schools of small fish, tiny from 1/2" to maybe 2.5/3" the last few weeks. I couldn't identify them but I now believe they were sunfish fry.

There have been all sorts of fish in davis over the years. Some planted by CADFG most illegally dumped in by people. Tahoe Suckers, Lahontan Redsides, speckled dace and maybe some other shiner/minnows that I can't remember are native to the creek system.

All kinds of sunfish (bluegills, pumpkin seeds, red ear, etc) , Golden Shiners, LMB Bass, Brown Bullhead, Black Bullhead, coho, kings, brookies, browns, cutthroats, rainbows (colemans, eagles, kamloops), pike etc. The trouts and salmon were planted by CADFG, all the rest were illegally planted. Surprisingly no smallies. People have been putting smallies everywhere.....Prosser, Stampede, Boca, ....

Quote Originally Posted by gene goss View Post
I caught a sunfish there last week....soooooo did these sunfish survive the poisoning....or did DFG plant the sunfish in Davis Lake ????????