Okay, here's what's got me concerned about the Rube and the FERC relicensing project.

After talking to Bill at the show it was apparant that the FERC relicensing was moving ahead but with very little angler input at the meetings.
When I asked Bill which groups were representing us in this his reply was, "me".

Since then I've made some inquiries to the major fish advocate groups that I'm aware of, Caltrout, TU, and CSPA.

Caltrout has no staffers in this part of the state so they're limited to what they can do. They did offer to give any advice,tips, knowledge that we might need.

CSPA came through pretty big.(thank you Capt. Jerry) They have a rep, Chris Shutes, who's keeping and eye on and helping out when he can on this project. This guy really knows his stuff.He's got a ton of other projects going as well so his time is limited.
He's supplied some good data as well as advice and contacts for us to use. I cc'd some friends who've been ivolved with some other issues concerning the Rubicon and it looks like it may gel into a pretty effective little group. I still don't know what I can contribute but I'll do what I can.

There's a meeting in Auburn on Tuesday concerning flows, I just made a call and begged my boss to give me the day off. If anyone's interested in going or following the progress the Placer Countie Water Agency can be found here.
http://pcwa.net/

I haven't heard from TU, maybe someone who belongs to that organization can shoot them a note?

We have a one in fifty year chance to improve what's already a pretty darn good but troubled river. I'm not gonna let it slip by.

While I can't expect anyone to drop what they're doing on such short notice, any and all who could attend Tuesdays meeting would be greatly appreciated.

Sucked into activism,
who'd a thought.

Ed