Well there are a few of these out there in different levels of development, but I think I've just about got the thing nailed down.

If you're like me and like, no, LOVE to tube or 'toon while flyfishing, you no doubt have had the want/need to have more than one rod rigged and ready to fish. Problem is, on a 'toon or even worse a tube, it's not so easy. Sure you can get a Scotty, but they're not cheap, and then there's trying to attach it and what if you want 2 or 3 rods or a net?

Here's my solution:

Features include:

1) Elegant attachment at the D-rings using a heat molded receptacle and pivot pin and cotter system
2) The stand-off arms unscrew, whole thing folds flat for ease of packing.
3) The "third-leg" pivots and is adjustable. This allows you to set whatever lean angle you want to suit your preferences.
4) Engineered fly rod receptacles with easy on-off bungee leash for security
5) Most nets fit in the rod receptacles

So, any suggestions to refine the design? It's easily adapted to pontoon boat frames as well and to most float tubes (if they have the D-rings). I've made them so far for FishCatIVs and (Super)FatCats.

A lot of time goes into these so they won't be selling for parts plus a six-pack. BUT, let me know if it's a must-have/been looking for EXACTLY that and I may start building these when I'm not fishin'.

Post up suggestions, questions, "I gotta have one"s.

_SHig