Woke up on saturday fighting a cold, but determined to hit the water and bask in large striper glory. I had overslept and just caught the tail-end of the tide swing. Pulled a couple around 5 lbs on topwater bubblers, followed by the bite turning off. Ran into Paul Egan and fished the same area with no luck. Good seeing you on the water Paul! Paul bailed and went down south.

For the next few hours my cold and lack of sleep really kicked in. Could hardly motivate myself to fish. Ended up exploring areas of the delta I had not fished. Tried focusing on TW LMB, and fished some great areas, but I couldnt buy a bite. Didnt matter... Better being out on the Delta than anywhere else I could think of.

Eventually, I returned to where Paul and I had fished earlier. Started throwing an Egan Super Minnow, and immediately started hooking up. Landed around 5, all in the 5 to 6 lb range, all in the same area. Decided I had one more pass before I was ready to throw in the towel, and had my fly absolutely crushed while stripping it in. The fight was on!!! The fish charged the boat (strip, strip, strip) then started peeling line off the reel (zzzzzzzzzzzz). After what seemed like an eternity (probably 10 minutes)I started seeing silver flash and then dive. I didnt care if it came unbuttoned, as long as i got a good look at it first.

Sorry for the bad picture. I was solo and it was a camera phone. 12 lbs on the boga, and released to fight another day. My personal best, and another great day on the water.
Robert