Its unfortunate that we cant even enjoy a morning on our local river without some #$%! messing it up. Three cars were broken into this morning around 8:30am-10:00am at the Watt access paring lot and one of them was mine. As I walked to up to see the damage to my car, smashed out the rear side window, stole an emergency roadside kit (orange bag, in case some crack fiend tries to sell it to you, please let me know where they are), a county park worker was sweeping the glass up from all three cars and told me he was there two hours earlier doing the same thing for two other cars that had their windows smashed out. He went on to tell me that break-ins have really increased on the American River lately and some mornings, usually the time when most of the vandalism occurs, they go from access to access and clean up broken glass until the afternoon. He also brought up a good point about the lack of patrolling by park rangers and the local police/sheriff dept. He told me about another group of cars at Rossmore last week that were also broken into. This is getting very old , especially with the price of a yearly access pass at $100. not to mention a window at $200 and the time to have it fixed!
I think some camo clothes and a baseball bat might just do the trick!