Thread: I Quit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Quit

I quit striper fishing today. I have had it with their no show act in the Delta. I caught one today and it was a decent one and pulled hard but it sure takes a lot of casting and stripping to find one not to mention finding a ten pounder which seems like an impossibility. Enough griping.

One thing I am not quitting is bass fishing. They seem to biting pretty well right now. The Spring in the Delta this year was muddy and I could not find a fish. The summer was windy and I could not find the motivation to get after them. They seem to be making up for that by biting in November. Whatever is going on with bass I don't know but I will take the bites. As the pro cure guy on the Angler West TV show says - "Thank you lord and may I have another".

I am not sure how long my striper quit will last. Maybe until after Thanksgiving. A good turkey dinner might rekindle my enthusiasm for chasing the striped one.

It has been a while since I posted some Delta bass pictures. I also threw in some of last week's wildlife shots from the bypass which is not far from the Delta. A lot going on out there.

Last edited by John H; 11-13-2023 at 05:08 PM.