I am itching for summer. Don't get me wrong. I hate the heat. But I love the fishing.

May 27-June 6 I will be chasing the salmonfly hatches around East Idaho and SW Montana. The HF should be prime then, and I hope to catch the hatch in the canyon of the Firehole on opening weekend in YNP.

If gas prices come down a bit, I will try to find a few days on the Upper Sac and McCloud between June 6-30 while I am back in CA.

Most of July I will be at the cabin in East Idaho and my goal is to fish 4-5 days a week minimum. My goal is also to fish primarily 2ndary, 3rdary and higher tributaries of the Teton, HF, South Fork, Snake, etc. giving my 1, 2 and 3wts a proper summer workout. I intend to, as much as possible, limit my fishing to small streams I have never fished before versus spending lots of time revisiting known waters. That said, there are two or three prior experienced streams that I know will draw me back...despite my best efforts. The trip reports will be, I hope, epic.

Surviving the heat and crummy fishing of August 1-27 in Sacramento will be a real challenge. Don't be surprised if I post a quick hitter trip report from god only knows where during that time, but if I can't get away, maybe the Yuba will cooperate with good hopper fishing as a nearby alternative.

August 27-30 I will be back in Victor, then September 1-6 in Fernie BC. By then fall will have set in out in the Tetons and I will be back in East Idaho feeding the trout baetis and soft hackles if all goes to plan.

I need to find some time on the Trinity to skate up a steelhead or two, but as you can see my schedule is pretty full.

So that's my plan. HBU?