Quote Originally Posted by WLREDBAND View Post
Thanks for the insightful post, YC. I'm glad we have two very senior and qualified fish biologists (You and Fishtopher) still posting here giving scientific rationales for what we're all observing. Wish you both would both post more often here, but I do understand your "reluctance" for obvious reasons. I really like this part:
1-Churning out millions of fake hatchery fish didn't stop the collapse from occuring.
2-Reliance on hatcheries to restore abundance has been an epic level failure. As Andy mentioned, we wouldn't be having this discussion it it was working.
3- Blame placing in lieu of expending the effort to understand what the problems/challenges really are, won't lead to any viable solutions that produce favorable results.
4- The Feather has the capacity to produce far more streamborn Chinooks than most think it does.

Especially point #3. Since that seems to be what happens here the most.
Thanks for saying thanks. I'm actually just an angler, not a fisheries or ecology professional.

I've been napalmed on this forum so many times, I've lost count and I don't chime in very often due to that, but due to the fact there's only 24hrs in a day.

I do agree with your sentiment though. By my count since I've been here, I've seen about 9??? fisheries pros, one genetics pro and one Alluvial geomorphologist chased from this forum. Pretty sad to say the least.