I floated and fished the Trinity last week. There were fish around but not that many. Camping conditions were good and it was nice to have the flows up a little from the October rainfall. It was the cheapest four days of steelhead fishing I have been a part of. Gas and shuttle fees was about it. Great time of year to be out there. A few more grabs is always nice but fish were caught which is not always the case.

I did not pull the camera out much but did get some good shots. There is a lot of beauty in the world if you slow down and look for it. I hope you like the photos and are having a good fall fishing season. Cheers to Bill for hosting a site where everyone is respectful and courteous.

Lots of good elements in this scene. Makes you want to jump out of the boat and wade fish the run.

I love a good fish sticker.

This was taken in continuous shooting mode, 6 frames per second. I have a 15 shot sequence of this cast. I may put into a video and let Jeff Putnam break it down for me.

It would not be a fishing post without a fish. Colorful hatchery fish.

A thick hatchery fish. Good contrast with the rocks, good resolution and the fish cooperated. A little glare but the color still comes through.