A few short weeks ago I finished college and had plans to go straight to work for a large general contractor here in the Sacramento Area. This was the first job offered to me and it appealed to me because of the fact I get to stay close to home and in the Sacramento Area versus the bay area.

Growing up as a kid I spent a few weeks every summer fishing the Snake, Gros Ventre, Green, Henry, Crystal Creek, and Hoback in the Jackson, Wyoming area. In the past 10 days I was able to get away and return to Jackson with my family as a way to celebrate my recent success in finishing school. While there I started thinking how awesome it would be to call the area home for at least a few years.

After sending out resumes, a few interviews, and emails I received a job offer in Jackson. It was a complete shot in the dark and had no idea it would actually pan out to a full time position.

I am coming to you guys on this board who have lived a few more years and have the wisdom I lack. Anyone here with regrets as a younger man for not making a sudden jump into the exciting and scary unknown? Anything you wish you could have done differently? How to cope with moving far from family members?

Ultimately I know the decision comes down to what I want to do. Will miss my family for sure but dont want to regret anything as I grow older.

Thanks for any advice guys,

Hayden