Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
Fished the lower river yesterday. Only caught small makes. Met Keith from LA at the last spot I fished. He sure traveled a long way to fish for shad. Went back out in the evening and only got one but a bunch of LDRs. Thought maybe my hooked opened up and when I checked it was. Can't be as bad as Scott who was out when I got there and he was fishing for who knows how long without a fly. Been there!
Hi Jeff

It was a pleasure meeting you. I didn't get any so far. I went fri nite to the same spot and back at sunrise this morning but nada. I did get pretty comfortable with my snap t switch casting. Thanks for the tips and the late Bill Lowe's YouTube vids. Shad is always worth traveling 400 miles. I travel a lot to fish. Hawaii 2-3x a year for bones ( and family), east cape Baja once a year for roosters and fish for local surf corbina,. Shad fishing to me is right up there. I wish we had a great river like the American down south. Better luck for me next year. I hope the run gets red hot. Goodluck everyone!