Joey and I fished the Truckee on sat. We were up on Davis on Fri. We do not have a lot of experience fishing the Truckee. Joey fished galloup streamers and I fished bwo's on 6x. We fished near Joe's hole on hirshdale. He fished hard for a couple hours on only moved a few fish in the 16" range. I sat on my ass and smoked a cigar most of the time. Never saw a fish rise but a nice hatch started at 11:30 with small bwo's and then the size increased to 14-16's. Could have been a mixed bag of bwo's, pmd's and march browns. Water seemed in great shape for now. No fish but had a great time. Talked to a few others and they had the same luck. Saw a guide with some clients and they were heading down stream when I asked so we fished up. Checked out stampee res and it was scary low.

There has been talk of streamer lines and Joey has worn his out. It was an original prototype that Kelly Galloup gave him 6 years ago. We will get the new Galloup line as they are made by SA now. I use Kelly's line but also have a Teeny line I like using too. I have the T130 but i think the T200 would work fine.

If you can offer any advice on fishing the Truckee it would be appreciated. We bought the map from mountain hardware and need to study it.

tight lines,

Jet