Thread: Striped bass...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Striped bass...

Hi all,

Thanks for the invitation to post here.

The service I can provide you is information about the 'who, what, where, when, and how' about striped bass (etc), not the 'why' about policy or legal matters.

I've been posting on fishing forums since 2005 and have learned that it is usually not helpful for me to post my opinion, so I don't.

I've also learned that --- whether due to the communication format or intent of the poster --- a lot of seemingly rhetorical questions get asked. Rhetorical questions are great of course, but it's gets messy when I try to deal with those. Thus, I'm going to avoid answering rhetorical questions and I may ask if a question is rhetorical.

Let me start with a 'what' sort of answer to a common 'why' question: If we had lost the litigation brought by the Coalition for a Sustainable Delta, we would likely be in a situation where a federal judge would either order us to stop enforcing certain State fishing regulations or we would have had to treat enforcement of State regulations as a 'project' under the federal ESA.

Take care

Marty Gingras
    BDR-IEP Program Manager
    California Department of Fish and Game
    Bay Delta Region
    4001 North Wilson Way
    Stockton, California 95205

Phone (209) 948-3702
    Phone (831) 372-2581
    FAX (209) 946-6355
    email mgingras@dfg.ca.gov
    Last edited by Marty Gingras; 11-23-2011 at 12:49 PM.