Thread: Hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default All done

Just wanted to say thanks again for the responses. Finally took the boat out last weekend and it all worked perfectly. The Honda is just about right for it and gets me about 6-7 mph (guesstimated) before the boat is plowing and unable to go any faster. It's true what they say about these kinds of hulls - they get to a certain speed and start digging in and having 3 times the horsepower wouldn't gain you much.

I took it to a lake here in Oregon (Davis) which is alot like other mountain lakes - glassy in the morning and windy in the afternoon. It's the main reason I wanted a motor; when it was time to get off the water, the trip back to camp was a breeze. The lake seemed alot smaller.

I have to agree about the noise and the vibration - it's louder than I thought it'd be, but the extra power over an electric was well worth it. The only other downside is the price.

The Willie is pretty cool too. It's really stable, and standing and motoring with an extended tiller was very comfortable. It slaps pretty hard in the chop and likes to bow-spray you but I can live with that.

Overall, I like the combination and would definitely recommend checking into the Honda if you're looking for some lightweight gas power.

Best,
    Allan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	3360