Craig & I put in a few hours fly fishing the surf in Drake's Bay during the afternoon outgoing tide. The skies were sunny & clear - the wind machine was blowing hard from the north, perhaps several knots lighter compared to yesterday's gusts. The waves & surge were mild as the offshore swells began to drop later in the day. I noticed the surf appeared a little more cloudy & murky from the suspended sand & sediment carried by the current. Compared to the previous 2 days, this afternoon's bite was verrry sloooow! It seemed the fish were playing hide-n-seek with us all along - we'd feel a grab or two, then nothing for long stretches. I initially fished with the Dingleberries (go ahead & chuckle ) on the 0-wt, then switched to the Slinky Seducers which produced 2 male BSP's that were my only catch for the day:

I had a brief moment of excitement when I briefly fouled a small leopard shark in the shallows before it shook off the fly. I'm starting to think the fish at Drake's are starting to get bored with me.

TL's,

- Mark