Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caught this guy on Tuesday

Being a father and now grandfather I now tell the youngsters that you have to have kids first if you are ever going to have grand kids.

That's a beautiful little guy you have there.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Congratulations Paul . Take the time to enjoy every minute you have with him because it will seem like in the blink of the eye he will be leaving home .

Mark

Paul

Congratulations! What a blessing. There is no greater joy than being a father. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jay

PS Thats a strange and expensive mobile you got him

Paul,
    One heck of a Christmas present.

That is the best newborn picture ever. Putting the tyke next to the rod is fantastic!!! You ought to put a marker on your rod so when the dandy grows up he can visualize his younger days.

Christmas Joy indeed.
    Peace- well, you'll get that in about 18 years.
    Congrats!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Default Congrats!!

A couple of angling questions on your impressive catch. First, what size binky was it and was it beaded or use any weight? Second, how did you ever make the cast to catch that one???? ;-) Best of all congratulations on your fine catch and true blessing.

Merry Christmas and God bless,
    KL

PS- We'll give you a break on the catch and keep. No gutting this catch though (but I'm sure there will be a bunch of cleaning...diapers that is).
    "Christ's disciples being fishermen.... on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman." God bless and Tight-Lines!

Congratulations Paul to you and your wife ! What a wonderful Christmas present for the two of you. We were also blessed with a Christmas baby 23 years ago that we will be celebrating a birthday for Dec 27. Darius will always be a special Christmas bonus for you and your wife!

Best Wishes!

Bill

Thanks guys for all the kind words.
    Sleep is definitely a commodity at this point, although we have more problems waking him up to eat than anything.

Definitely looking forward to the process and getting another generation out there on the water. Still have some of my great grandfather's wet flies. Would be great to get his first fish on the fly using one of those.
    I know this is far in advance, but how did you guys get your kids out there fishing? Start with conventional, catching fish for em and then go from there?
    Hope everyone had a great new year!
    -Paul

Hey Paul, don't stress out about him eating, young babies will definitely let you know when they're hungry.

With young kids fishing, it's all about catching fish. I would definitely start out conventional and pick a sure thing with visual stimulation, like fishing for bluegill with bobbers and worms. You want them to get hooked on fishing before they erroneously conclude it's boring.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Paul
    I have 3 sons that have grown up and left the nest . I found with kids to take them someplace where they will catch fish quickly . Most of the time I took them to a bluegill pond and brought a big cooler and a can of worms along . When they caught a fish we would throw them in the cooler full of water . After a short while the youngest would usually just play with the fish in the cooler while the older boys would replentish it . We would throw the tired ones back as we went along. I didn't flyfish then but all my sons like to fish . It seems my oldest Grandson was born liking fish.

Mark