Thread: The Geller Party journals

Default The Geller Party journals

Boys,
    Somehow I survived the Great Blow Of '06. It wasn't easy, very little to do so I kept a journal. Some of the milder entries.

Day One
    No power due to the storm. Food stocks very low forcing me to shop at the dreaded Safeway. Some chatter the Beach Club is open so may be able to attain beer. Nieghbor is a b*tch.

Day Two
    Shelter is cold. No power. Cold barley oup for breakfast. Hot water now a myth and I'm beginning to smell what the Scottish call "pongy". Nieghbor still a b*tch.

Day Three
    Becoming hungry and angry. My plan for hording food I now see had a reasoning hole: I bought all frozen food. Thoughts now turn to cannibalism and since the neighbor is a b*tch I can solve two problems: hunger and not having to deal with her.

Day Four
    Well go figure. While I was gnawing on her still warm flesh the power came on. Could have some legal and social acceptance problems on this one. Planning to use the "but she was a b*tch" defense.

Day Five
    Sun is out, all is well and no ominous people with guns and badges have knocked on the door asking about my new diet. Hell, I think I'll go clamming. Even have a license for that.

You're a good citizen Geller!
    Tom Moore

Default CLAMS, MMM, MMM!!!!.....

Hey Geller,.... Must've been some serious weather up there.... Worse if you were on Mount Hood.

Anyway,.... since the Sun's out and the power's on, a good batch of Clam Chowder and a brewski'll make all things well....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Good stuff, OSalmon!!
    Glad you pulled through.
    slim

The Oregon coast in winter isn't for sissies.

If I didn't have this crazy fly shop to baby sit I would be up there hollowing at the moon with you.

I guess it's soup time up there now. Maybe real fresh caim chowder.

Marilyn has been making beef stew and home made soups for us down here in tropical Davis, CA.

If you come down this way for Christmas don't forget your shorts and sunscreen.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Darian,
    It was one butt kickin' storm. Worst blow since the Columbus Day storm of '93. Why does the wind kick up on Columbus Day? Had the great Columbus Day storm of 62'. This was no longer a "coast town", it became a "ghost on the coast town". When every business but one is closed down it gets a might freaky. Power to the People!!!

Wilbur,
    Going south for Christmas while steelhead foul our rivers, clams loiter on our beaches and crabs illegally enter our border...NEVER!!! I'm a patriot Bill and I'm going to defend the homeland to any sacrifice I may have to endure. Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death!!!...and a smoked steelhead pasta with feta...some razors clams sauted in a butter/wine sauce with garlic and pesto...and some crab cakes.
    The price of Democracy is high in these parts.

Geller,

Marilyn is standing here reading this stuff over my shoulder, laughing and talking with her electric tooth brush running full throttle. It's a sight.

Only in America.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I knew at one point Bill I could make that woman foam at the mouth.

I'm counting down the days until that cute rump of yours heads north for the fall salmon. Think mid to late September. The weather is trustworthy for the only two weeks of the year and the salmon seem to show up so you better too!!! If you don't I'll head to Sacto, run into the shop, grab you and the wife by the ear and haul you north!!! So start planning. Case closed.