Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Die

Paul,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a drive to the shop and try to explain what I want.

Jay

Hey Jay,
    No problemo man. Let me know if they don't work out.
    -Paul

Hey Paul,

Went to the shop here in Fresno. talked to the guy and told him what I'm looking for. He brought out a bunch of dies already made up. Something what I'm looking for but not the finished product. For them to make the die would be roughly $150.00 to $200.00. Then the cost to stamp out the product. It's roughly 25 cents per item. At little costly for such a small item but I don't feel like cutting them.

With their die, I would still need to cut a little but the round part of the bill would be cut even.

I guess they use a press to stamp out the items. I'm having them cut 100 to start with, just to see how much work I will have to do just to finish them.

Thanks for the inquiry

Jay

Jay, give this company a call Valmark industries(livermore 925-960 9900)

They can produce these by laser cut. and possibly by steel rule die depending on the thickness. They would probably run them "multiple up"(many pieces to a sheet). They could also screenprint your ol' mug on these things prior to cutting too!))

you could have them print any image onto these bills/lips....could be cool. These guys can do it all. They have the latest greatest technology for thin plastic overlay manufacture. Top shop. Ask for Victor Green and mention I referred you. You might need to run a million of them though)

There are some graphics shops in Fresno...look under decals, signage,etc. they might have the equipment.

KD,

I just picked up 400 bills that I had made. They had a die there that was perfect for what I needed. These little plastic bills cost me 25 cents each (I thought it was a little high) but now, I don't have to sit here and cut and trim with scissors. I might take some to the show and sell them for what it cost me to have them made.

I will check into that company you recommended. I think a bill with teeth on it would be cool. Or a bill with a silver holographic color. I'll also check here in Fresno.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Jay

Jay,
    I don't know what you have found but there is a company in Buffalo NY called Keystone Tool and Die company. I don't have the number but look them up online. The guy you want to talk to is Gary Fitch. He and they can make anything out of plastic and the tools to work with it.

Hi Jay, check with a print shop and ask who makes their dies. Don't know if they would be heavy enough or cost but another option to check out.

Mike

Mike,

I found a die cutter who can make the diving bills. But now, I want to reshape some of the bills, so I might end up having a custom die made.
    There not cheap but it does save time.

Thanks

Jay