Thread: Middle Rogue Steelhead - Tuesday

Default Middle Rogue Steelhead - Tuesday

Monday when flows were 4,260 cfs went behind the house and hooked & lost a fish of about 27-28".

Returned late this afternoon to flows of 3,250 cfs with very cold temperatures, some sun and snow on the hills.

In almost the same spot as yesterday caught & released this very clean looking 23" hatchery steelhead on my trusty bead head nymph.

[/img]
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Nice fish Gordon! I see you've decided to opt for your Cabela's Traditional rod in place of the Scientific Anglers? Is this one an 8wt. as well?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hairstacker: Yes it is an 8 weight as well but is 9 feet six inches long. Will continue to use it until I go back to New Zealand in May and get my broken tip replaced on my New Zealand Kilwell rod.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Back behind the house late this afternoon and on my first cast hooked a large fish,28-30", that I had on for about five minutes before the hook came out.

This AM as I approached my dock saw three river otters swimming around it. One actually climbed on the dock and sniffed the underside of the pram
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR