Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tying weekend at the shop , report for 11/25-26

Default Tying weekend at the shop , report for 11/25-26

If you missed it , you really missed out .

GREAT group of people there - We tyed , chattered , traded spots , etc . .

Hope to do it again soon !!!!

Thanks , Bill Kiene and staff .... also to all who came - you guys are the BEST !

David

Hey David,

I agree it was a super day for all of us that came in ! I just got back from Home Depot where I got my silicone and Goop and am now ready to try some of those patterns you showed us the last couple days. I know I sure learned a lot and look forward to tying and fishing these new flies. I really was impressed looking at Mark and Darian's flies as well. There are definitely some great tiers on this board.

Say that marker that we used on the the Bluegill Pattern, what color and kind of marker was that?

Thanks again for sharing your time and tying expertise!

Bill

Thanks , Bill !!

I believe the marker was a metallic Purple Sharpie . I figure any dark color would work fine though ......

Please post a photo of the cool Bluegill you tied , if you would

David

Hey David,

Here is that first Bluegill pattern I tied with you today. It is a little rough but I don't think the fish will mind . I am looking forward to refining my technique on the next several ties of this pattern. Thanks again for sharing your time and expertise!

I am also sharing a nice Sacramento Sunset picture my wife Dana took yesterday. She is a terrific photographer and I always enjoy sharing her pictures with friends.

Best Wishes!

Bill

My Bluegill Pattern

Dana's Sacramento Sunset!

Bill, that pattern looks absolutely killer for stripers. Here's the instructions for fishing.

Put in envelope

Mail to DeltaStripers.Com

Check back in a week for fishing results.

LOL :P

No, seriously, here's a picture of the Puglisi fly that I've been using. It's something between yours and the original one Sturmer gave me a month or so ago. It's what I used today and last Friday. Absolutely great results.

Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Sorry I missed it. maybe next time.

MN

Bill - Fly - A+ , sunset - PERFECT !!! -

Jerry -

PM the address , I'll send 1/2 dozen

Mike N. -

ANYTIME you want to get together .....

David

Hey David,

You are being mighty kind with the A+ on my fly but like we talked about the fish will probably not be as picky as I am (thank goodness!). I am excited about the pattern as well as the others we worked on . I just tied my second one and I can see it is still going to take some time to get them looking as nice as yours .

Thanks, I agree with your assessment of Dana's Sunrise . She takes some great fish pictures as well .

Hey Jerry,

I like the looks of your fly as well! I better get mine looking a little better before sending to you for testing . I bet David would send you some to test .

Hey Mike,

Don't miss the next opportunity!

Bill

Wow, another great afternoon! So good to be able to match the people to the names. I wonder just how many years of fishing experience did we have gathered around that table today. If you named a water, any water, there was someone there who had fished it enough to know it well. I'm learning just how big a mistake it was to ignore my local water for so long, now I gotta get to work making up for lost time. Hey David, my bad on that bass plug I described to you, it has two propellors on it, front and aft, and the painted eyes have angry eyebrows. Looks like something a sub would fire at a battleship. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Sorry I missed the majority of the fun. I did however show up at the end and meet David and Darian. Thanks for the fly David!...I will use it the next time I go catch some warm water fish.

Hope this happens again soon.

Steve