Thread: Great fly tying/BS session today at Bill Kiene's :) !

Default Great fly tying/BS session today at Bill Kiene's :) !

Hi Folks,

For those that missed today’s session at Bill Kiene's shop don't miss tomorrows ! David Lee and Hairstacker (Mike) demonstrated their considerable expertise at the vice to a number of us who sucked up as much knowledge as we could. Both guys are expert tiers to say the least. Hairstacker's board name is very appropriate because his hair bugs are a work of art and for that matter so are David's. Thanks guys for the lesson! Thanks Bill for hosting this little session for us at your shop.

David, I plan to come back to the shop tomorrow with my vice this time and see if I can’t come close to tying a couple of those patterns you tied today. I guess Mike you will not be back tomorrow but thanks for making the trip up today from Tracy. It was really nice to meet a number of board folks face to face. It will still take me time to remember everybody’s name I met today so bear with me on that. I guess I am just getting old but sometimes names go in one ear and out the other.

Best wishes and tight lines to all .

Bill

Amen to that Bill. It was a very fun and educational afternoon. Hey David, if you don't mind the repetition I'd really like to see that striper fly,(sorry, I don't remember what it was called) tied from the beginning since I got there too late today. I would encourage everyone who has the time to stop by the shop on Sunday, talking to some real experts right here in our local area is a real treat. No fashion show, name dropping, or sales pitches, this is just a bunch of fly fishermen swapping lies. No, wait, I mean swapping stories. No, wait, swapping information. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thanks to David Lee and 'Hair Stacker' for instigating it.

It was a nice friendly afternoon.

I am sure we will have to have lots more BS sessions this winter.

Fun for all to get together too.

I was sorry I did not get a picture today.

We will have to have more fish outs too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Great to meet the folks I met today , and great to see my old friends .

Thanks to Bill and staff for hosting the room .... and to Mike (Hairstacker) for tying - same stuff tomorrow from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM .

Bring your tying gear - all are welcome to join in .

David

Default Flies

Hey David
    Sorry I can't make your tying sessions. I always learn some little trick or new method watching guys like you and Hair stacker.
    I am no camera guy but, I will have a friend help me to post the bluegill flies. They are easy to tie. I never tie two alike. I have to keep changing colors and material. I am never happy unless I am goofing around.

Hey Guys! Yeah, today was a lot of fun and a real treat meeting several fellas from this Board for the very first time and hanging out with everyone! -- all great, very friendly folks to a man. Really appreciate everyone who stopped by and said "hi !" and a special thank you to Bill Kiene for being the ever gracious host and allowing this get-together to happen in his store.

I must definitely second everyone's recommendation to come back tomorrow and sit with David Lee at the vise for another tying/gabbing session. David really enjoys imparting knowledge, and I learn something EVERY time I watch David tie. Also great to hear other fellas talk about fishing local and not-so-local waters and about the fish and techniques that work. If my family didn't have other plans, I'd be there again in a heartbeat.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I'll be adding two different Bluegill/Sunfish flies to the demo today - my Silicone Sunfish , and a Sturmer-type Bluegill .

Come on down and make a mess .

David