Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: surf report

Default surf report

got out today to do a little fishin at Drakes bay area near point reyes. very windy. Fished the outgoing tide(ususally worst in my experience for surf). Picked up 3 fatties, all barred perch. Thanks for motivating me to get out there with your great report mark. i'll post some pics if someone could kindly instruct me how, is photobucket the ticket?

Default Drake's again...

Hey Loren,

WTG on the BSP's! I must've missed you at Drake's - I fished the mid-afternoon outgoing & wound up C&R'ing about 2 dozen fish on the 0-wt, mostly a mixture of BSP's & calicos...

I'm heading out there again tomorrow, hopefully for more of the same. Come on out & join the fun - the fish are willing to play...

- Mark

p.s. If you don't have an internet provider that offers digital photo storage services (like Comcast, AT&T, etc), I believe you need a site (like Photobucket) that can host your photos to create the image links to this board. I've never used Photobucket, but there may be others on this site who can provide some guidance.

Congratulations on your recent success Loren. Stay safe out there.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

thanks for the encouragement guys, sounds like you did awesome Mark, i got there somewhere between 3:30 and 4, must have just missed you. Unfortunately i can't get back out there today as much as i wish i could, my dad and i are fishing the delta tomorrow and i have school on monday, so i gotta' get all my work done today im planning on fishing it next sunday, december 10th, maybe i will see you out there then. Good luck today! i hope you slay the perch, or whatever else is swimmin around out there (i saw a fin pop up in the surf yesterday, my guess would be a leopard shark). Was it at drake's that you tagged that big old striper on the fly? Here are a couple pics from yesterday, hope they work.

GREAT stuff, thanks for sharing guys! Love all the pictures.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Woo-hoo! Beautiful photos, Loren - those are dandy-sized BSP's. Now that's what I'm talkin' about catching in the surf this winter!

What fly patterns were you using?

I did swing by Drake's on Saturday to fish the afternoon outgoing tide with a buddy. Again caught about another 2 dozen fish with the 0-wt, mostly calicos & BSP's. The largest barred was this hog-sized female that looked to be around 14 inches:

Yeah, you probably saw a leopard shark in the surf - I saw quite a few of them patrolling the shallows during the slacktide. They were quite numerous yesterday, had a few slink by my legs while wading in knee-deep surf. Wound up fouling 2 small guys while fishing for the perch...

Hope to do more of the same in the weeks ahead once the stormy weather passes. Be safe out there!

TL's

- Mark

Damn, I remember when I was that young and wet waded. I even surfed Santa Cruz, Carmel, and the Monterey area without a wet suit.
    Now, you wouldn't see me wading without waders. I love the Simms boot foot waders

Got me worked up. I might have to take a trip over the hill and get a taste of the salt.

Jay

I just love your guys reports, especially the ones with the pics. Keep them coming.

Damn! I wanna catch leopard sharks from shore!!!

HEY!!!
    You's guys are fishing right below the barn we're hauling hay to this winter! NO FAIR! Gonna have to do somethin.... Good reports. The boys from the ranch have been doing well on the dungees right outside of you also.
    ....lee s.