Thread: Delta 11-24-06

Default Delta 11-24-06

I fished here a couple of days ago and hooked up on a real nice striper that bent my 7 wt. rod in half and tore out line but, alas, he got unbuttoned just as I was getting him to the kayak:

So, decided to try again this morning for a few hours. Well, no stripers this time, but did hook up on enough of these to keep me happily entertained:

Nothing big. Got them on a size 1/0 chartreuse/white flashtail Clouser fished shallow over weedbeds next to rock walls with a floating line. By tying them with small dumbbell eyes and utilizing rapid strips on a floating line, I was able to fish them over and through some pretty thick but fishy-looking water.

It was a gorgeous day today -- sunny, warm, calm conditions. Even got to see some "fall colors" (and caught one bass in this very spot):

A great time to be out there! Won't be much longer now before it is simply just cold every day.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Grand post and pics Mike. We were "pestered" by quite a few LM this w/e while targeting the lined ones at the delta.
    ....lee s.

Nice job Mike. Say hey Lee glad to see you're out-n-about. Call me paisan....no no no I don't mean really to call me "paisan"....I mean call me on the phone!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Default Bass

Yeah! Mike
    That spot screems bass. Tullies next to rock wall and slow water. Great ambush spot.
    Makes me want to go bad.

Default Bass

Yeah! Mike
    That spot screems bass. Tullies next to rock wall and slow water. Great ambush spot.
    Makes me want to go bad.