Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Gate Park-Nov 25

Default Golden Gate Park-Nov 25

I have been invited to the Golden Gate Casting Ponds on Saturday, Nov 25th, around 10am-3pm, to demo rods and talk spey for the day along with Gary Anderson. If there is enough interest I'll do a casting demo. This will be a great chance to try out rods. Hope to see you there and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

sounds like fun - wish I could make it but Thanskgiving commitments won't allow it

Yeah, why do they have to organize it so close to Thanksgiving? I can't make it either.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I will be there and bring a friend... cool opportunity! Thanks in advance.
    fish first, ask for time off later...

It would be a chance to see the old casting club and be around some Spey people and Spey tackle.

http://www.ggacc.org/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Love to make it JP but family's in town and we're hosting this year. Oh, well.

They don't stock that pond, do they?

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Jeff...I plan to be there . If I took the time to travel to Oregon to see you and Gary do your thing a couple of weeks back, I certainly wouldn't pass up a chance to see you two doing your thing (again) in my own back yard. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. See you at the ponds Saturday...Anne

PS.. Winterrun: There is no official stocking program there but the ponds serve as San Francisco's unofficial, no-longer-wanted gold fish drop off . I guess that is more merciful then throwing them down a toilet. There are a whole lot of inch long minnows around the edges as well. God knows what they are or where they came from .
    "So it goes"

Ron, you think the same way I do -- as long as you're casting, might as well be fishing at the same time.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Mike... why waste a perfectly good cast, right?

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

For those of us who work hard at perfecting our casting skills, a perfectly good [spey] cast never goes to waste, whether it is on a prime steelhead run or an urban casting pond.

Jeff...it was good seeing you, Gary and the GGACC regulars at the ponds today.
    "So it goes"