Took the wife and kids out to the upper stretches of Putah. Fish for about 1 1/2 hrs around the bridge. Landed three fish under 10" that all took small blood midge.

Then came the monster. The best part of this fish was having an audience. Indicator went down and the first thing I felt was incredible head action, those long pulls where you can just see the fish in you mind with its mouth open thrashing back and forth. I yelled to the kids that I had a good one and they both came to stand next to me. My wife even looked up from her book. I started saying to myself, "jump, please jump". About five seconds later this fish come about 2 feet out of the water, does a full cartwheel and makes a 10 point, head first entry back into the water (almost no splash). Both kids and the wife say in stereo "Oh my God!". The fish was easily 6lbs and well over 24 inches. (also took the red midge)

Unfortunately no pic because about 2 minutes later the hook came out and ended up 10ft over my head in a tree..... That's Putah.

Having the audience for that jump almost makes up for not getting a picture.

Enjoy

Kraig