Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feather Low Flow section 11/10 - 11/12

Default Trash....??

Actually,.... A dumpster program would only address a portion of the volume and type of trash left in the wildlife area.... It literally is covered with worn out appliances (refrigerators, etc.) and stolen/stripped cars. Shopping carts and sunken boats and vehicles in some of the deeper ponds.... Tires too. It will take an organized effort.

Here's where I depart from the proposal.... The lower Feather flows through several cities and three counties. monetary resources and people are available. The Rubicon doesn't flow through many townships. There's a demonstrated need for volunteerism in instance.

I believe that oroville should initiate the effort to show some community pride. I'll be glad to contribute my own effort/money when the city/county shows me they're interested. The State, Butte County and the City of Ororville could generate some good will/revenue for themselves if they gave a little thought to this....

Adding additional fines for dumping/littering hasn't worked anywhere in this state, so far as Im aware. Just ask any highway worker.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

A depressing subject to be sure. Reminds me of this one area I like to fish on the Delta where there's a garbage can that's always only 1/3 - 1/2 full with trash strewn for 50 feet on either side and around it. I've concluded there are tons of folks who aren't willing to walk 5 feet to use the garbage can, which doesn't even have a lid on it to slow 'em down. I usually fill a bag on the way out but it's never enough.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Still , a good subject .

I know that I have a new #1 on my list of things to do for 2007 -

Pack a 55 gallon plastic bag on every trip .... and USE IT . Thanks for the wake-up call , Ed !!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    Hah! Yeah maybe a little. Thanks for pointing it out, I gotta lighten up a bit. It's just that I bitched and moaned about the state of my favorite river for years until someone suggested an alternative. I know it galls everyone to clean up someone else's mess but the results can be truly spectacular. It seems to me that as popular as the low flow section of the Feather is, someone would have stepped up long ago to take care of it. Look at how many responses there were about the Feather, there's gotta be hundreds of fly fishers using that stretch regularly. Aren't they're any willing to give something back? There, that's enough now, it's off my chest so I'll let it go now.
    The problem with the low flow, is not with fisherman. Oroville, like any city, has trash like walmart carts. The city of Oroville, which has a CONSIDERALBLE amount of Meth addcts, greatly increases crime and trash.

Hey Bill...... You would not believe how many people read this board but do not chime in.... Well here goes..... I need to apologize to all of my friends in Rio Linda for my DUMB post awhile back... It was not in good taste.... Thank you for providing this fine Board Bill.... Frank