Thread: The Classic American River Friday Morning 11/03

Default The Classic American River Friday Morning 11/03

Hey guys, it doesn’t get much better than this! Early this morning we had a Classic American River with just about everyone catching big Salmon. The weather was warm with overcast skies. Most of the salmon I seen caught were in the 30 pound class. I had one 30 pounder before 9 AM, and had to quit early. Getting too old to carry a couple of those big-big American River Salmon up the bank to my car. We are having a BBQ tonight for supper.

I was fishing beads. Two small orange beads (Select #4) and a bare #4 red Salmon/Steelhead hook. There was a few guys fly fishing at both Paradise Beach Riffle and Arden Rapids. Maybe they will chime in?

Nice, I was late getting out there this morning. Arrived at 11:00, everyone told me I should have been there early. Story of my life. No hook-ups for fly rods the rest of the day, although the gear guys were doing a bang up job on them. It's starting up now anyway. If I see you out there I'll show you an easier way to get your catch to your car.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I must be on the fish sniffer board; talking of killing and eating fish.
    Just kidding