Here is a photo of Chris Pasley on the Dean River this past summer. I think this was Chris' third trip there.

About 20 years ago Chris and I where very fortunate to have been taken to the Dean River by Joe Shirshac.

We drove up in Joe's Suburban, 5 of us with tons of gear, and were helicoptered into the Dean about 17 miles up from the salt water. We never moved the camp the entire time.

We camped for two weeks (limited to 7 days of fishing now) and we had one of those trips of our life time. Chris was in his early 20s and I was in my 40s then. It is really hard to describe what it was like with mere words.

If you are a Steelheader at heart you need to try to get to the Dean River even just once in your lifetime. Chris Pasley, Jeff Putnam and Joe Shirshac could all help you with info to plan a do-it-yourself trip. Nice to have about 4 healthy people for that trip.

You can get dropped off up high and float/camp it in PAC 1000 pontoon boats. Or like us, you could just make a camp and stay in one place.

Imagine a fish like this on a dry fly?