Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Shearching" for Striper

Whew... it barely qualified there at the end. Nice save!
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

What is the setup for spoon and jig fishing for delta stripers ?

Rod,line,lures(what you use) I havnt tried the spoon's but the Spro Bucktail jigs work for me.

please help shorten the learning curve with these techniques. I use conventional as well as flygear.

I fish the delta 3-6 times a week.

thanks
    ernest v

ernest v,

The guides are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am, but basically, spooning for Stripers only works when they are bunched up together. Stripers are usually spread out in the Delta, so we need to cover a lot of water to find fish. I troll a Rebel Wild Thing at night.

If you are fishing the Delta 3-6 times a week you must be retired like I am? Are you interest in doing some evening fly fishing for Stripers? I can’t find anyone crazy enough to fish at night, so I usually go alone.

Default kids

When I take my boy (12) or my brothers boy (9) I have them cast smal rapalas of the back 2-21/2 inches silver/blue and black/gold has worked great for Lmb and stripers both......My boy told me his best day was the last time he went with me and he only caught one fish.... the rest of the day he playied his game boy and we just talked in betwene me landing fish....... I was woried he didn't have a good time until we got home and talked about it
    Paul.......