Thread: Feather River 10/24

Default Feather River 10/24

Made the trip up to the Feather yesterday. Fished a few different spots from the outhouse riffle down to where that gate on the levee is (don't know the names of all the riffles, and can't find my streamtime map).
    I'd say fishing was a bit on the slow side, but that's what I was expecting from the reports. Total body count was one halfpounder and one adult landed. Had another nice fish on that went nuts, but it managed to throw the hook in all the commotion.
    All fish hooked were on "egg patterns." Tried a bunch of other flies throughout the day, but no dice.
    Not the best day of catching, but it was nice just to be fishing again.
    patrick

Good report Pm

I would love to make a trip up there soon. I think the map gods are against us because after reading this I went to grab my streamtime map and its GONE!..

How big was the adult?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,
    Didn't mean to pass the map jinx along.
    The adult wasn't huge, maybe four or five pounds. I know bigger fish are caught in the Feather sometimes, but I'll take anything I can get. The one that got off looked to be quite a bit bigger, but unless you land 'em, it's just another fish story.
    patrick

PM, sorry can't remmeber your name right now, anyway......a 4-5lb steelhead isn't exactly small on the Feather River. Granted people catch some big ones every season but on the average Feather River steelhead are not really big. They get more football shaped than coastal steelies.

Good job out there!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Thanks, Adam. Believe me, I was more than happy to land that fish. I'd take those all day long, if I could get 'em.
    Patrick
    patrick

I think the spot with the white gate is called Robinsons Riffle

It's nice to see you getting out Patrick. Nice report.Are you headed up this way ths year ?

Mark

Patrick sounds like you did just fine, good for you! Good to hear you're getting into 'em.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

AndreD is right, that spots called Robinson's.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Mark,
    Nice to hear from you. I'm thinking about coming up there the first week in November for a couple of days. Not sure if it's going to work out or not, but Will keeps sending me these pics of big steelies to fire me up. I'll let you know when I get it figured out.
    Seems like you guys are having a pretty good run up there this year. Hopefully I can get in on some of the fun.
    Patrick
    patrick