Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dying to hear about the Forebay!

Default Dying to hear about the Forebay!

I had planned to attend the NCFFB bash at the forebay this weekend but my Saturday was filled with honey-do's by my wife and I had to cancel.

The weather from a perspective of 60 miles north looked perfect.

Anxiously waiting for those big fish pictures!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Jerry

I didnt know where else to make this comment, but, I really appreciated your posts on blantons site regarding naturalizing stripers. I agree with everything you said. I didnt want to comment on that thread cause there were too many 'bug-huggers' chiming in and thought it best to keep my gun holstered.lol ...Very interesting thread...

Jay

PS I am headed down to sac. in a couple weeks and am staying for 3 days. I told my wife i new a guy that might take me fishin down there (you ) alas, she said "NO FISHING ON THIS TRIP!" LOL
    Next time perhaps.

I absolutely promise not to tell that we went fishing! When are you coming so I can save the day? Cell # 209-327-5993. I should have an extra nine weight put together by next weekend. You don't even have to sneak something into the car!

Yes, the idea of "naturalization" is a "bizarre" solution to the idea that an exotic is by definition "bad".

What would the sport fisherman fish for in California if you removed all the exotics? The list is pretty short and in many cases, not very appealing. Whether you are religious, "God gave man dominion over the beasts," or scientific, "natural selection," either can argue for niche filling by appropriate beneficial species.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Jerry
    2 weeks from this weekend is when I'll be there. I'll write down your number..(double check the cell number you wrote, the area code only has two digits) email me if you prefer bjwspencer@charter.net

J

Here's a Friday report from the Forebay.. Lot's of wind early in the morning and through most of the day. It did lay down (15mph) for an hour then kicked back up. I called around 3:30am and the "wind lady" was singing away. 18 to 34mph.
    So at 4:30am, I put the pram in the back of the truck and headed on over.
    Around 6am, it was 8 to 18mph. Ahhhh yeah, it's dying down. Yeah right.

There was a group already camped out from the night before. Heard stories of how hard it blew during the night. Well, when the wind layed down, during that small window of opportunity, I motored out in the pram up wind, so I could cast into the weed beds on the downward drift. Hooked up on a couple LMB but while bringing in one fish, I must of drifted over my line. Because when I started my trolling motor to straighten out the pram. The fly line got wrapped and I mean wrapped.
    Like I posted earlier, the prop came off the shaft and the line was wrapped around the shaft. It looked like a tequilla sunrise, orange and yellow line. Pulled up the motor and rowwed to shore... Damn, this sounds just like last week.

Waited around till 4pm to see if the wind would lay down. No way Jose.
    I headed on home with a stop at Eastman Lake. It's got a great bass bite going right now but the wind was blowing. I wonder what made me think it wouldn't be blowing. Got home at dark and just as soon as I backed the truck into the driveway, it started raining.

Well, starting tomorrow, you should see some reports on the NCFFB. It was dead calm this morning, according to the "wind lady"

That's it from this end

jay

Oppe, I will post a picture of what Lee S caught, just as soon as I downsize it

Jay

Jay,maybe you should buy shares in SA. It sounds like their sales will be good in the next few weeks.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

I'm going to buy some Minn Kota shares, also. Bought 3 props today for backup.

Here's Lee S's catch of the day.

Jay

Hanley stayed 2 blocks away from this fearless creature.

Now we know what those forebay stripers eat!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

uhhh...Jay?....that looks just like a tarantula!...where on Gods green delta did you guys find a tarantula. And how it ended up that close to the lense of your camera is worthy of the whole story

j