Thread: American River Reports

Default American River Reports

I haven't hit the A in a couple weeks. Last time I went below Goethe, there were caddis a plenty but little to no actual fish to speak of.

From what I've gathered in reading the reports of late, it seems like the halfpounders have yet to show. Is there any new news? Come on guys! I'm dying to catch some fish out there.

Tight lines!

I haven't been out in a couple weeks either... started working two jobs again so my only days I can hit it in the evenings are Friday and Saturday now... =(

But I will try to get out in the morning this week. I'd suggest scouting around in that area some more as there were plenty of little fish and some nice fish to chase when i was fishing it quite regularly a few weeks ago.. Look for riffles and slow runs and you'll find the fish. Even the sidechannels were holding fair numbers of fish. I was fishing excusively on top pretty much swinging a parachute caddis/pupa combo the first few weeks (the fish liked the pupa) and then they were only hitting the parachute the last week I fished....

I did switch to a streamer the last couple of days hoping to find me an adult fish but I only caught a striper and I did hook up with something pretty big my last trip but I dropped it trying to get it on the reel...

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com