Thread: Northern California Fly Fishing Blues

Default Northern California Fly Fishing Blues

Hi Folks,

If any of you are interested in hearing an original fly fishing song I wrote and recorded with my Son and fellow band member Melvin Fong you can check it out on the Northern California Fly Fishing board web site at the following link:

http://www.ncffb.org/index.cgi?frames=n;read=355428

I have been a member of that board for a number of years and had a lot of fun writing and recording a (sort of) "theme song" to capture a little of what that board is all about. Hope you all get a kick out of :

“The Northern California Fly Fishing Blues”

Written for the Northern California Fly Fishing Board!

Best Wishes and Tight Lines to all!

Yours truly, “Bluegrass” Bill

Default Clamhouse Blues

Bill,
    When your band hits it big and you can afford gas money to Seaside Oregon we will set you up a stage on the beach at low tide and you can sing this one. Sung to the tune of "Folsom Prision Blues".

I see those clam's a comin'
    Comin all the time.....
    Neckin' in the surf.....
    and feelin' just fine........
    But I have my clam shovel ......time for their deee-miseeee.......

They get a bit lower
    They have no where to hide.....
    I know always that.......time is on my side
    Cause I'll dig them.....that's what I dooooooo
    And those little critters.....they won't have a clueeeee

Soon I wa a diggin".....
    Diggin' like a fool.....
    I had so many clams ......I could barly walk........
    Then the sheriff showed up....said boy lets talk......

So now I'm in a prision.....
    Doing my time.....
    Dreaming of those clams....
    And that beach of mine......
    Someday I'll get out.....and dig again
    And I'll only keep my limit.....I I hate this pen I'm in......

-------Think I've spent to many hours digging those clams doncha think?

Default Clammin'....!!!!

Hey Bill/Galen,.... How about a name for that tune Maybe.... Clam Diggers Blues.... Or.... While I Was Out Diggin', You Were Neckin' Around On Me....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Galen nice song writting. Maybe you could arrange a concert for all the locals at minus tide.

Mark

Hey Galen,

That song sounds like a fun song to do with a classic old counry tune like Folsom prison Blues as the melody. As far as a a title I like Darians first choice, the clam digger blues .

I am assuming the link to my song worked for everybody? Are any of you guys part of the Northern California Fly Fishing board?

For anybody in the Sacramento area that is interested our band Western Lights will be playing this Saturday in West Sacramento at the Puerto Azul Mexican Restaurant from 7:30 to 9:30. The restaurant is located at 2216 West Capitol Avenue. You can find out more information at our web site below.

Best Wishes to all,

Bill

ps any feedback from anybody on the
    "Northern California Fly Fishing Blues?

Bluegrass,
    Man, that was some fine music (grew up in the PA Appalachians).
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Bluegrass,
    Had a title for that song: "Clamhouse Blues". Thinking about it, you could write quite a few blues songs, but from a fishes' point of view; "Sore Lip Blues", "Gotta Quite Striking Blues" or "I Hate Those Damn Humans Blues". Ripe field for blues tunes.
    Darian,
    Salmon rolling across the street. Next two weeks could be great if we don't get too much rain. Always up to the sky.
    Speaking of singers, heard a funny story about Willie Nelson. His bus was pulled over and the cops found pot so everyone got a ticket but his brother Ben (in his 70's) who slept through the whole bust. When the cop asked Willie "what's wrong with him? Willie replied, "he's dead....we are taking him back to Texas so he can be buried next to Ann Richards." Gotta love that Willie.