Thread: American 9/28

Default American 9/28

Let me start by saying that I'm a moron. Now that that's out of the way, I went out and fished the American just below Goethe last evening. It was the first time that I tried steelhead fishing and I loved it! Hooked up with 7 fish and landed 5, all of them under 14", but fun, fun, fun. Swinging nymphs with an indicator. Now the part about me being a moron. I had my dry fly box in my pocket while wet-wading and of course it floated out. Not that I deserve to have it back, but should anyone find a small grey Plano fly box with a Trout Unlimited sticker on it, I would be ever so appreciative if you'd let me know. I know how many people on this board fish that area of the river, so I thought that this would be my best bet. Thank's ahead of time.

-Ben

indicator fishing in my beloved area.... oh my.... I can't go back there now and fish with my head held up high....LMAO and J/K

Good job with the fish. Those little guys can be fun but they're getting tiresome.... I need to find some bigger fish and actually land one instead of getting my rear end handed to me.... Oh yeah, I'm a terrible fisherman, I'll get that out of the way...

Did you see any fish working at all?? Were you fishing the run or the slow water below that?? That side channel is good too if you see fish in there... and the pond on the back side has a nice run/riffle now that the river flows in there but I haven't seen.brought any fish up from there but it looks good and all the riffles hold fish up to that point too in that little channel.

Oh yeah, were you on the East side or West side?? If you were on the West side I probably know where your flybox washed up but the Eastside I don't usually get too and it flows more in a straight line without so many side channels etc.... where stuff can get stranded easily..

I was down a ways from there on Wednesday throwing for stripe. One big hook up but I blew it trying to get the fish on the reel... I am trying to go tonight too if anyone is interested in watching a lousy caster try to catch some fish...LOL

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Jeff I am trying to get down ther myself save me a spot.

And I am a moron first !! as I lost my SA flybox the first day of a four day trip on the Provo in May it was full of nymphs and emergers just for that trip!!
    I swear I'll be home by noon this time!!

almost forgot to mention The box I lost was the only one that didn't have my name and phone number which seemed silly at first but now they are all labeled.
    I swear I'll be home by noon this time!!