Thread: Monday on the upper Rogue

Default Monday on the upper Rogue

I made it out today for a little while to give my spey rod some exercise and try out a spey line I have been cutting and splicing. It was such a beautiful morning I had to go. I had already seen squirrels, deer and turkeys in our yard and I hoped to see steelhead as well today. I landed one and that was all ,but she was a pretty one. To bad I got water on the camera lens.

Mark

Default Steelhead....!!!

Hey Mark,.... That's one beeeautiful fish!!!....I'm envious
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Gorgeous picture too.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Sculpin, Is that an indicator on a spey rod? Thats a no-no! I know those fish like nymphs and eggs but they will still take a swung fly on the spey! I'm just giving you a hard time. Keep up the catching and reports.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Hey Jason nice reports on the Trinity River. We are very smokey here also, maybe it's from the fires down there. Yes that is an indicator on my spey rod and I prefer fishing them to swinging. My casting improves when I swing flies but I get bored waiting for something to yank on my gear. To fish indicators right your busy all the time and I guess I fished to much with a cane pole when I was a kid. I love to see my bobber go down.

Mark