Thread: British Columbia steelhead video

Default British Columbia steelhead video

A friend of mine recently went on a trip in British Columbia where they camped on the banks of a river. I think Anne Vitale may have been on the same trip? Anyhow, he put together a pretty cool video, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkSXg_r-As

ps You can click on the button below the right corner of the video to view it full screen.
    patrick

Cool video. I especially liked the part when the guy had a steelhead close to shore and then it just takes off like a rocket towards the middle of the river and does a little tail dance. Good stuff!

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

We have a group hosted by our Andy Guibord heading up to the Nicholas Dean Lodge in BC this coming Sunday.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

SWEET Video-I'll get there.......one day.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT GUYS ..... that "Guy" with the dancing steelhead was me and that was the Copper River a couple of weeks back. I must admit seeing it through the eyes of my fishing buddy...including seeing that bear again--gave me a thrill. You might be interested to know, I landed that chrome bright beauty. She was as wild a steelhead as I have ever caught. Probably ran about 15 lbs. I can still see her dancing straight across the river.

You might notice too that I was spey casting right up along a cliff behind me. The spot was only accessible by drift boat and I couldn't have fished from there with a one hander. All those lessons are now paying off.
    "So it goes"

Very cool Anne, Congratulations on an awesome trip!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

What a fish to have on film.

I still have memories of fish like that from several years ago on the feather. Porpoised across the river like a bullet and them immediately turned around are came right back porpoising again. I can still see the 180 degree turn in the dry line behind the fish as it cartwheeled coming right back at me, and threw the hook.

Has to be among the best 10 seconds of fishing in my life. That's what gets you going back again and again.

Congrats!

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Anne, that was awesome!! Even better knowing you landed her.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.