Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Folks, introducing myself

Default Hi Folks, introducing myself

Hi Folks,

I am taking the opportunity to introduce myself to the group here with my first post on Bill’s Fly Fishing message board. I love Bill’s fly shop and have done my fair share in keeping him in business over the years. I never really checked out the shops web page or knew about the message board until Jerry from Lodi, a new fishing friend of mine told me about it recently. I have done a little browsing and I like the information that is shared and the division of topics as well. I also belong to the Northern California Fly Fishing Board and notice a number of folks like myself, Jerry, Bill and Lee s. share time on both boards as well.

I am 54, a Civil Engineer with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (part of the Department of Agriculture), alumni of Humboldt State University and work out of Davis, CA. I have been fly fishing and tying for about 35 years. My first love in fly fishing is for trout on small streams in the Sierra's. I love all kinds of fly fishing however. I love both canoeing and kayaking and both go well with fly fishing. I have a few friends that I take a week long canoe trip with somewhere in the Northwest every year. Our favorite places are the John Day River and Owyhee River in Oregon for terrific smallmouth fishing.

My wife and I just picked up matching sit on top Kayaks (the Hobie Quest) and are having fun learning how to fish out of them. Jerry from Lodi has given me some tips on places to fish with my kayak in the delta and I am looking forward to trying that. I have been married for 29 years and my wife also loves to fly fish with her other real passion being photography. We have 3 terrific Kids and the oldest (26) also loves to fly fish but has limited time these days.

I also have another hobby reflected in my handle (Bluegrass Bill) that I have a tremendous passion for. I have been playing guitar for about 25 years now and belong to a Bluegrass band called Western Lights. Our band has been together for about 12 years now and we have a lot of fun playing around the local Sacramento area and once in a while over towards the bay area. You can check out our web page by clicking on the link to our bands web page.

I look forward to sharing information and meeting folks from this board.

Best Wishes and Tight Lines!

Sincerely,

Bill Ward (ie, Bluegrass Bill)
    Sacramento, CA

Welcome to the board Bill!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Welcome , Bill !!

Lee introduced you and I a few years ago - nice to meet ya again !

David

We are glad to have you.

I think that is pretty neat that you took the time to make an intro.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey Bill, welcome aboard!! Glad to have you here! A lot of nice folks on this board, I think you'll like it here.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Hey Adam, David, Bill and Mike,

Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know folks on this board. David, you are right, Lee did introduce us and he told me I should definitely get to know you, seeing as how close we live to each other. I haven't seen you on the NCFFB for a long time and had forgot to followup on that. We'll have to get together for sure this time around. Bill, you have a great shop there and I always enjoy going in to stock up and chat some with the guys there.

Best wishes and tight lines to all!

Bill,
    Welcome!
    Watch out for David. He likes paddling around on a little chip'o'plastic too.
    See ya at the bash next month?
    ....lee s.

Hey Lee,

Thanks! Sounds like David and I need to get together for some paddling. Yes I will be at the bash next month and with my little "chip of plastic" to boot! Look forward to seeing you there!

Bill

"Chip of plastic" .......

Deathtrap , is more like it !!

David

Bill
    Welcome to the board . It's always nice to have new folks point of view.

Mark