Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mokelumne flyfishing

FishFiend,
    That is great info. Do you know if there are any plans to clear the obstructions? Do you know what the flows are going up to ?

Chris

I am not sure when the flows are going up I think they are going to be around 1500 cfs. As far as I know there are no plans to remove the trees from the river. The flows are going up to try and attract samlon and clean the gravel up for better spawning.

I fished the river at Mackville Road for the first time this weekend. Nothing to report on the fishing front, but i did speak to several kayakers that said all was clear from Camanche all the way down. They did mention a tree, but everyone said that it was completely submerged and not an issue.

Then they didn't see the tree I am talking about. Maybe it is father down then they went. This tree is about three or four feet in diameter and crosses the entire river. I walked on it on Thursday of last week. It is below Mackville park a ways but upstream of an area we call Big Bend. On the far right side, when facing down stream, it is slightly submerged and a kayak could get through there but if the flows are high and you don't get over to that spot fast enough you are goining to be into that tree and the tree and river are going to tag team you. Even at 400cfs I think it would be dangerous. Good luck.