Thread: AR Reports

Default AR Reports

I hit the American below Goethe a couple days ago. There weren't a whole lot of steelies to be seen. I had a few small takers taking dry flies (caddis) on the surface but didn't even see any of size.

But I did see a nice striper chasing fish out of the water.

What luck are people having in other stretches of the river?

I haven't been able to get out for over a week due to work but when I do I'll post a report. Last time out, pretty much got skunked except for a 4" dink.....
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

I saw a 7 -8# Striper chasing something down there a couple of weeks ago. It looks like we are just in a holding pattern waiting for some fish to push up the river. Most of my old reliable spots have been drastically changed from the high water this Winter and Spring. I have started checking out other spots trying to find some new honey holes but haven't had much luck. I suppose we just need to be patient.

Been pretty nice out on the river lately though.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Most of my old reliable spots have been drastically changed from the high water this Winter and Spring. I have started checking out other spots trying to find some new honey holes

Mike

Weve got the same issues up here. I have found a couple new spots that are giving me fish every time. Tho the river is beginning its customary drop in flows. By the time it reaches 1000cfs my new holes may be a big "?". I am really looking forward to some fall weather. Frankly, I'm tired of sweating

Jay

Yea Jay it's kinda like fishing a new river. Hope it doesn't take as long to figure out as last time. Good luck up there, hope to get up that way sometime this season.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

my favorite run got blown too... but it's still ok right at the head but it quickly disapears. I did hook that nice fish there a few weeks ago but the river is still changing as the flows drop. Where I like to striper fish I used to wade out to a shallow island and hit the drop off from a different angle but as the flows are getting lower the current has gotten stronger and pushed most of the soft bottom through the channel and now I can't wade out anymore as what used to be 2-3 feet deep is now 5-6 with a really strong current....
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

SullyTM Guest

...last night on the news there was a report on the upcoming rainy season and it is predicted to be an El Nino year! Could mean above average rainfall...and alot of snow in the mountains! Another difficult year of stream/river fishing perhaps???

Time to clean the gutters....

Later.

Time to buy a boat?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........