Thread: Need help identifying California stream in pictures

Default Need help identifying California stream in pictures

Okay, I have a strange reason for being here, and I apologize if it is inappropriate - but it IS related to California flyfishing.

I am currently playing an internet game that involves solving puzzles hidden in videos. It's a very complex and difficult game, and the solutions generally require quite a bit of work in the real world.

I am trying to identify the location of a stream in a certain video. I have reason to believe it is in California. So, I thought, who better to ask than flyfishermen in the region?

Does anyone recognize this place?

Video:
    http://www.revver.com/video/55930/

Still pictures:

There is no financial reward in this game, but I will gladly share the glory with you if you can identify the location!

Please PM me if you can help. Thanks much for any assistance.

Tight lines,
    Sleuth

Definitely SoCal! Maybe up in the Piru Ck area by Ojai. Just a guess. But I'm 99.9% sure it's SoCal.

Looks like So. Cal but impossible to tell where. One place could be red rocks in the SB mountains. Popular college swimming spot and has similar brush structure.
    Not much deep pool structure in Ojai like that.
    -PAul

Default Trout Stream....????

Never mind the water, who's the woman
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Re: Trout Stream....????

Quote Originally Posted by Darian
    Never mind the water, who's the woman

Yeah, How come all the years I've fished the Local So Cal Streams I've Never come across Anything Like Her ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Catch & Release, Yeah Right

I agree with Paul, it ain't Piru creek or up near Ojai... Maybe the WFSG??... I'll agree with Paul that it looks like over in the San Bernardino Mountains.. Maybe the Santa Ana..

DEAN ~~
    "..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Piru creek is a ways from Ojai guys...but that is a minor point...it just dosn't look like Piru to me above the lake and below the lake there never is water except in winter when the lake spills. Almost all that water above Piru lake is in a tighter canyon and kind of hard to get to, plus the water way up below Pyramid is more spring-creek looking with a lot more weeds...to me it looks more like the Santa Ynez above Cachuma or Sespe by Lion's camp but it could be any number of S. Cal streams south of say Carmel all the way down to the Mexico border.

Sorry can't be more help.

-John

Thanks, everyone!

Appeciated.

I have recently gotten a tip that this may be the East Fork of the San Gabriel River. Sound plausible? If so, any idea how hard it would be to go there and find the spot?

Sounds plausible given the proximity to la la land. If you're dead set on finding this place, I'd look at sat photos using google earth in the vicinity.
    You can probably narrow down the search that way.
    Good luck and at least bring a fishing pole and catch something for the rest of us on this fishing board. There are some decent fish in that stretch of river.
    -Paul

Looks like this may be some marketing ploy. This was in Friday's LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...ck=1&cset=true

“To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver