Thread: Time for the big boys

Default Time for the big boys

My feet stink, my shorts aren't too much better, my hair is out of line and I haven't shaved for days tying flies. Those signs can mean only one thing boys.....salmon on the Oregon coast soon!!!! No need to appeal to the opposite sex or anyone for that matter. May fish with in a loin cloth and a bone through my nose just to keep the others away from my fish. I was thinking naked, but thay would be just too cruel.
    I can feel those fish nosing into the tidewater right now. They are corsing through my viens like a good shot of herion. Unlike heroin, they get me off the couch and into the estuary with some foolish type of fly. Oh baby, I've been jonesing for a year!!! I'm shaking like a nudist at the North Pole. Damn I'm ready!!!
    Boys, head north. The only advice I can give you to stay sane. Then the fish will drive you insane, as they have done to me. No wonder I eat them.

Geller,

Whats the best time/month to be up there?

What rivers do you fish?

I was on the Nestucca River with Craig Ziegler once in the fall and we got to see a 56 pounder on the bed of an old Chevy pickup.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

BillyBob,
    I'd go to the Nestucca and the best month to start is about mid-September until the big rains hit. There are fish there now, but not enough to get excited about. Look for the big changes in tides. There is combat fishing but you can also get away from the crowds. Plus there is the Little Nestucca just down the road from Pacific City. Cute little tidewater.
    Some years the tidewater fishing can go through November, some years mid-October. I call October 13'th the non weather trusting date. One year it started on that date and never stopped. An ominous sign: this year that is a Friday the 13'th!!!! We are doomed!!!
    When I fished it with my guiding buddies, staying in a motel for a month, when the rains came, the river muddies, we would hit the tavern for two days, then when it cleared it was time for back bouncing upstream of the tidewater. From a size #6 fly to an 6 inch long flatfish with a sardine wrap. All those fish in the tidewater were now headed upstream, and they had to get by us. Waves of them. I needed a morphine drip to keep calm. The dinner table knows no bigotry when it comes to what dispatched the beast!!!