Thread: Bluefin Trevally in Hawaii

Default Bluefin Trevally in Hawaii

Thanks to some great information provided by our good friend Don Memmer from Hawaii I will hopefully catch my first Bluefin Trevally during my soon approaching trip to Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Don was nice enough to talk with me for over 40 minutes yesterday giving me some valuable information....Thanks again Don.

I was first introduced to these Trevally during my first trip to Hawaii last year snorkeling around Maui. My buddy knew how excited I was about getting a picture of one of these fish, so he took a ton of pictures trying to get a good shot of the skittish fish. On the last day he took this picture with a digital 4mp Canon camera and an underwater case.

I love this picture.

Hopefully in about one week I will have a picture of one of these bad boys outside of the water. [-o<
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam your buddy took a beautiful pic. The lighting is perfect for showcasing the magical electric blue markings of this species. Best wishes on your BT adventure.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Default Tropical Fish....

WOW!!! The colors on tropical, saltwater fish are just unbelievable That photo could make a cover on a tropical fish magazine....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Adam,
    Nice picture man! Those guys are definitely out there.
    -Paul