Thread: North Fork Feather River

Default North Fork Feather River

Me and my friend took a ride up to the north fork of the feather, and had some damn good results through out the morning. Except for the damn pike minows. The rainbows we caught were nice healthy and fought like crazy! Here are some pics of the trip!

Here is a picture of my friend with a pike minow, when you hook into one of these, you would swere it was a trout!

Here is just a nice shot of a little waterfall coming down into the river..

After this trip I'm going to have to go back sometime real soon. Enjoy the pics.. Sorry for the extra large photo's, photobucket resized them huge..

- Nic -

Default Pike Minnows....

Hey Nic,....Nice photo's. You're right about that water fall. It's beautiful.

Ya know, anybody who wears a camo baseball hat with a Jeep logo patch on it deserves to catch Pike Minnows.... (actually, I'd just as soon catch them if the Trout aren't biting... )
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Pike Minnnows

I agree on those $#@@! pike minnows. About 1.5 months ago I scoured
    the NF...8 of 10 fish were pike minnnows...couldn't believe it! I've been
    fishing there for the last 4-5 years and have never caught so many.

Looks like they may be taking over...I even caught them in fast
    riffles where trout SHOULD BE holding.

Eric

Default Nice Fish....

That's actually a hardhead your friend caught. There are a ton of those fish in there but acutally not that many pikeminnow. What section of the river were you fishing?

Gordon Langenbeck, in southern Oregon now, use to really like to hit the North Fork of the Feather River late in the season like in October if my memory serves me.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill: Your memory is still good. Used to fish the NF of the Feather in the area near Injun Jim Campground(now renamed with a modern name) the last week of October. Nymph fished the pockets and lots of wild rainbows from 8-13"s.
    On one trip the DFG was shocking the stream and the number of fish shocked was amazing. In those days almost never caught a pike minnow or hardhead.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Cool pictures!

The North Fork of the Feather is the one trout stream I vividly remember from the summer I spent in California. I worked at a web design place in Marysville for a couple months in 1999, my summer between high school and college, and we had to go up in the mountains for one job and I remember driving across that river and thinking how trouty it looked. That was a few years before I even started fly fishing, but I had always wanted to...